Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Gardens of the Moon

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson

bookshelves: fantasy-all, own, audio, kindle-own, paperback
Read 3 times. Last read January 1, 2019 to January 6, 2019.

OMG! (Bloody Hell if I don’t finish this series!!)

I loved this book soooo much!!

"Anomander Rake, Lord of the Tiste Andii, who are the souls of Starless Night. Rake, the Mane of Chaos. That’s who the Moon’s lord is, and you’re pitting four High Mages and a single cadre against him."

There are things I don't understand but I have some lovely Goodreads friends I can go to if I need answers.

Also, this is a series I will be able to read over and over and find new tidbits! And, I did understand the majority of it 😄

Ye gods! I was a nervous wreck at the end because I thought someone might meet their
true death. < -- I think I got that from Tru Blood but I digress. Because in this book, not a lot of things stay truly dead! They come back or get taken over or some such thing. It's crazyyyyy! I love it 😄

There was so much going on in the book but I kept up with most of it! Yay! And I loved so many characters. Paran, Sorry, Tattersail, Lorn, Toc ... and not all of them are good or are they? I felt Sorry for Sorry, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time in the beginning.

Then someone I really liked, died by stupidity but they were brought back. I thought, yay, you idiot!

BUT!

I'm totally in love with Anomander Rake! I can't help myself and omg! I will except you his description and as he's supposed to be pitch black, the image I found online like that made him look like a prune!! I liked the million other images of him, one being from Tor.

Anomander Rake's skin was jet-black, befitting Gothos' descriptions, but his mane flowed silver. He stood close to seven feet tall. His features were sharp, as if cut from onyx, a slight upward tilt to the large vertical-pupiled eyes.

A two-handed sword was strapped to Rake's broad back, its silver dragonskull pommel and archaic crosshilt jutting from a wooden scabbard fully six and a half feet long. From the weapon bled power, staining the air like black ink in a pool of water.

And he's also something else!!! Omg! Im shutting up now!

This book is one of the best epics I have read yet. I had no idea! I kept watching soooo many of my Goodreads friends reading this series and I finally took the plunge! I could have started this long ago but I guess now was my time 😊

I recommend to all fantasy lovers!

Happy Reading!

Mel ❤️

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gardens of the Moon.

Quotes Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Liked

Steven Erikson
“Before Lord Anomander Rake the crowd in the street shrank back, all thoughts of festivity swept away.”
Steven Erikson, Gardens of the Moon

June 4, 2015 – Shelved
June 4, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 7, 2017 – Started Reading
October 7, 2017 – Shelved as: fantasy-all
October 7, 2017 – Shelved as: own
October 7, 2017 –
page 105
15.77% "I have put off reading this long enough. I was worried because some friends and peeps said it was confusing. Well, so far I'm loving it and if I get confused, it's all good. As long as I love the book 😄 I get confused a lot so it don't matter!"
October 13, 2017 – Finished Reading
February 3, 2018 – Started Reading
February 6, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2019 – Started Reading
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 4, 2019 –
15.0% "This book is still amaze balls!!"
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: audio
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-own
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: paperback
January 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)

Jody 5 stars!!! Whoo hoo! Glad you loved it Melissa, but your Malazan adventure is just beginning. :)

Ivan Glad you loved it, it only gets better . I had some trouble with first but later it became my favorite fantasy series.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Jody wrote: "5 stars!!! Whoo hoo! Glad you loved it Melissa, but your Malazan adventure is just beginning. :)"

Thank you and I'm so excited! And I'm also stressed that people will really die! But I know this happens so I will just keep my fingers crossed =D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Ivan wrote: "Glad you loved it, it only gets better . I had some trouble with first but later it became my favorite fantasy series."

Oh yay! I'm so glad to hear that, Ivan =)

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Brilliant review Melissa, so glad you loved it👏

message 6: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith 5 star review Melissa hun 🦋💐🦋

message 7: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Awesome review, babe! Hope you enjoy the next installment as much as you did this one, even more! 💟

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Mel 👍💕🌹💋

Narilka So glad you enjoyed it!! This is easily my favorite epic fantasy series. There's nothing else like it and it only gets better :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Maureen wrote: "Brilliant review Melissa, so glad you loved it👏"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Miriam wrote: "5 star review Melissa hun 🦋💐🦋"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Nazanin wrote: "Awesome review, babe! Hope you enjoy the next installment as much as you did this one, even more! 💟"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin A Bald Mage** wrote: "Great review Mel 👍💕🌹💋"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Narilka wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it!! This is easily my favorite epic fantasy series. There's nothing else like it and it only gets better :)"

Yay! Thank you so much! I talked on the phone with my friend about it for a little bit after I read it. He said the same thing about the rest of the series. I'm so excited =D

message 15: by Mili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mili Oh man I started this series being overwhelmed and in love with it just like you! Book two was just as epic and havent gotten beyond that haha xD it feels like too much work. I do have the intention to continue one day...

Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ Glad you liked it Mel ;)

Andrew Nice, review Melissa! This is a series I hope to read soon. All my friends says good things about it and your review is another good reason to start it. :)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review Melissa ❥ xo

Miche Welcome to Rake's fan club. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Mili wrote: "Oh man I started this series being overwhelmed and in love with it just like you! Book two was just as epic and havent gotten beyond that haha xD it feels like too much work. I do have the intentio..."

You better 😄

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ wrote: "Glad you liked it Mel ;)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Andrew wrote: "Nice, review Melissa! This is a series I hope to read soon. All my friends says good things about it and your review is another good reason to start it. :)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin ⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Great review Melissa ❥ xo"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Miche wrote: "Welcome to Rake's fan club. :)

I am at book 5 at this moment and I am still loving the series. Prepare your heart to books 2 and 3. Tissues must be kept close by."

Yay!! Yes! OMG! I have some stuff I'm printing of him. Lol 😄❤️

Don't be talking about no tissues!! 😳

message 25: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Melissa!! Glad you enjoyed this one!🤗

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly  B So glad you loved this one Melissa!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Mel! You have another series to love! ❤️ xo

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Kaceey wrote: "Great review Melissa!! Glad you enjoyed this one!🤗"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Holly wrote: "So glad you loved this one Melissa!"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Mel! You have another series to love! ❤️ xo"

Thank you love 😄💕 I'm so happy!! 😘 xoxo

message 31: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan I'm so glad you love this Melissa! And as for Rake, it's practically a given. 😍

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much lovely 💕😊. But I went and asked my real life friend and he told me something I'm not going to be ready for and I'm not happy about! 😢

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Oh my god Melissa I'm seeing this book EVERYWHERE is it a sign?! DO I STOP EVERYTHING I'M DOING AND READ IT NOW?! haha great review sweetness!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yasssssssssss!! You have to read it and I hope you like it! I'm excited for the whole series but one thing and I'm not saying because of spoilers!

And thank you honey bunny 💕😊😘

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Yasssssssssss!! You have to read it and I hope you like it! I'm excited for the whole series but one thing and I'm not saying because of spoilers!

And thank you honey bunny 💕😊😘"

omg you're so good for not posting spoilersssss 💕😊😘

Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends Great review, Melissa! Glad to see you enjoyed this one

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Wonderful review, Melissa! So glad you loved it! :-)

message 39: by Candace (new)

Candace Mel, enjoyed your review.

message 40: by Calista (new) - added it

Calista Sounds great!

message 41: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Sounds great!

Stefan Bach You finished it? And you loved it? Well, that's not a surprise actually. :D Awesome review! :D
I'm so glad you loved it and trust me, it only gets better from here. Yes. It's possible. :D
If you have any question whatsoever - shoot. :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Brenda wrote: "Great review, Melissa! Glad to see you enjoyed this one"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Norma wrote: "Wonderful review, Melissa! So glad you loved it! :-)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Candace wrote: "Mel, enjoyed your review."

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Calista wrote: "Sounds great!"

It is 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Beverly wrote: "Sounds great!"

It is 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Stefan wrote: "You finished it? And you loved it? Well, that's not a surprise actually. :D Awesome review! :D
If you ha..."

Thank you so much dear one 😊💕. I will ask some questions as I go. I did ask my real life friend a spoiler abd he told me and I'm upset and don't want to tead that book but I will 🙁

Stefan Bach Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Stefan wrote: "You finished it? And you loved it? Well, that's not a surprise actually. :D Awesome review! :D

Hahaha, ohhh, I'm sorry... Be careful, spoilers about this series tend to pop out from anywhere! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin No I specifically asked and I'm not happy 😕 But, ''tis the way it is

« previous 1 3