Katie's Reviews > Duck Duck Ghost

Duck Duck Ghost by Rhys Ford

Shame, shame, shame on me. See, I’m a big ole scaredy cat and I explained in my review of Fish and Ghosts here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... that I don’t particularly go for ghost/paranormal stories unless they’re written by an author I really like who typically writes in other genres I like. I handled Fish and Ghosts like a champ and only got a little bit squicked out once. So I sallied forth without a thought or a care and dove right on into Duck Duck Ghost without reading the description or any reviews. That was my first mistake.

My second mistake was that I woefully underestimated Rhys Ford. I thought (stupidly in hindsight) that Ms. Ford had exhausted all of her horror-inducing tricks in Fish and Ghosts. I thought (again, stupidly), I’d get another steamy romantic tale with a few brushes with some ghosts who might be aggravating at worst. They’d cause some mostly mild disturbances, move some furniture around, stuff like that….but mostly, I’d get a lot of laughs. But noooo. Ms. Ford upped her game. She was holding back. She’s got a sick and twisted, twisted mind. I imagine she’s pretty damned pleased with herself right now with a MWA-HA-HA evil, maniacal laugh going on. Go ahead. I deserve it.

F-Bombs and Warnings ahead that probably count as Spoilers (view spoiler)

There’s gonna be another book, isn’t there? I know there is. Just please more funny stuff from the likes of Gildy and Mara and more sexy times with Wolf and Tristan.

My being freaked right the EFF out aside….this was a great, well constructed read in the high-caliber style I’ve learned to expect from Ms. Ford. It was fast paced and sexy with some funny to break up the fright factor.

Yeah, I’ll read book three. But gotta say I’m glad it’s not out yet. I need a shot or twelve of tequila so I can get some sleep.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duck Duck Ghost.

June 4, 2015 – Started Reading