Mary (BookHounds)'s Reviews > Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook: Breakfast, Brunch & Beyond from New York's Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant

Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook by DeDe Lahman

Nov 08, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-book-challenge, from-publisher-author
Read from November 08 to 19, 2010

See those pancakes on the cover? I made those! They turned out just as beautifully. A word of warning though, I would cut this recipe in half unless you have a football team lurking around. I used all of the batter and froze the remaining pancakes. One minute in the microwave and they tasted almost better than the fresh made ones. I have read about other cooks doing this with pancakes, but never tried it myself. I put them in zip lock bags with wax paper in between. Now whenever I want pancakes, I just put a couple in the microwave for about 45 seconds. My son is still talking about how good the maple butter was and it was quite simple to make. I also put aside some of that in the refrigerator for use later.

The recipes are all really good and I am working my way through the book. I found that they were quite easy to follow. All of the direction are clear and concise. The ingredients are easy to find, so no worries there like some other cookbooks. This is definitely a keeper for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook.

12/30/2016 marked as: read