Maria Rose's Reviews > Neighbors with Benefits

Neighbors with Benefits by Marissa Clarke

Jun 02, 2015

bookshelves: 4-star-reads, fully-reviewed-books, fake-engagement-or-relationship

In this delightful romance, straight-laced Michael has his hands full with his new housesitting neighbor Mia, a free spirited gal who is just as good at hiding her real self as Michael is. When the sparks fly between them, can they find enough common ground to consider a future together?

I really enjoyed this story! It's the second in the Anderson Brother's series (though easily read as a standalone) and Michael is the one who is always in control of every situation. He has to be that way, as he is constantly in the public eye as a successful businessman and eligible bachelor. His relationships consist of easy non-sleepover dates and he's wary of getting into any kind of relationship. Mia is wonderful as a fun loving artist, slightly awkward but effusive in her love of life. She's constantly getting into minor scrapes and for Michael, she's the epitome of the wrong type of woman for him, yet he can't help his attraction to her. His therapist's attempt to lighten him up by having him housesit her dog wreaks all sorts of havoc in his tightly controlled life, not the least of which is his dog's obvious affection for Mia over him. There is definite sexual chemistry between Michael and Mia and though it's a slow burn, they eventually succumb to their attraction in some steamy and fun scenes. I enjoyed Michael's interactions with his brothers too as they witness him falling apart over the girl next door. It was a fun and entertaining story! 4 stars.

Note: a copy of this story was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neighbors with Benefits.

June 2, 2015 – Shelved
June 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 23, 2015 – Started Reading
June 24, 2015 –
35.0% "Michael has his hands full!"
June 25, 2015 –
75.0% "I'm liking both of these characters :-)"
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: fully-reviewed-books
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: 4-star-reads
June 25, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 2, 2016 – Shelved as: fake-engagement-or-relationship

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) Can not wait for this one!

Maria Rose Whitney wrote: "Can not wait for this one!" It's coming out June 30th! I just got the Entangled publishing review request for it today, definitely asking for this one!

Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews) Is this one able to lend via kindle? If so, do you have it and may I borrow it?

Maria Rose Whitney wrote: "Is this one able to lend via kindle? If so, do you have it and may I borrow it?"

I wish I could Whitney! But I got a review copy from Entangled so I didn't purchase this one. Also, Unfortunately I don't have that option in amazon (I looked at some other titles that I have purchased) - I think it's because I'm buying titles from Canada though I purchase them on .com - I only have options to Deliver/Delete/Download/Return. People are able to lend titles to me, but I can't lend them out myself. It was quite good, though I think the first one was better.