Jennie's Reviews > Second Helpings

Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

Nov 07, 2010

bookshelves: fiction, ya, read-in-august, read-in-2011
Read from August 30 to 31, 2011

This book starts out in a summer camp, but not the normal kind – that wouldn’t fit for Jessica Darling after all. While different, the smartie-pants summer camp gave Jessica Darling the same thing many teens get out of summer camp – a taste of freedom and bigger dreams. Jessica knows she is going to an Ivy League college but her experience at this camp is altering how she views her college options, but she might have some parental opposition. This book encompassed the senior year of high school feel for me to a level of perfection. The fear, the excitement and the absolute thrill of looking at adulthood and college brings. Jessica grapples with the first of many major life decisions trying to decide what is right for her in her heart of hearts.

Oh Marcus Flutie – you may have redeemed your erratic teenage boy moments from Sloppy Firsts in this book. I must admit I swooned a bit over him – I can’t wait to see how his impact on the plot and Jessica continues with the next book. And finally – a character I wanted to know better finally made an extra special appearance! I am not spilling the beans here but have to say – finally!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Helpings.

08/31/2011 page 155