Susan Peterson's Reviews > Simple Chinese Medicine: A Beginner's Guide to Natural Healing & Well-Being

Simple Chinese Medicine by Aihan Kuhn

Nov 07, 2010

it was ok

I really wanted to like this book. There is something about Aihan Kuhn's writing style that hints that she's a very likable person. But the books was very simple and not terribly usable. I've been working with a practitioner of Chinese medicine for a couple of years now. I've done a five week course in Taoist nutrition. I've done Tai Chi for several year. I've read a quite bit here and there on qigong. Just that little bit of experience has put me way beyond the level of this book. Moreover, the book seems to be not strict TCM or Taoist food theory, but a hybrid of East and West.

If you're coming at the topic cold, that is to say that you are truly a "beginner," and if you are mostly curious (i.e. not looking for specific practices), you're more in line with the intended readership. If you have any experience, you might be disappointed. I was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simple Chinese Medicine.