Michelle's Reviews > King

King by T.M. Frazier

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Holy Shit... KING by T.M. Frazier was a F*CKING BRILLIANT EPIC READ!!!! Pardon my language, but this book was just everything I expected and so much more. It was raw, dark, sensual, captivating, gritty, and an emotional journey that had all the FEELS. This book will grip you to the core and leave you begging for more of KING and his intense personality!!

#King_Frazier

T.M. Frazier's writing was intoxicating, spellbinding, and hypnotic that you couldn't put this book down. It is one of the reads that you had to devour but at the same time savor. The writing and storytelling was just so gripping that Ms. Frazier literally played and toyed with every emotions. She was like a puppet master who had our emotions on strings. And when you thought you were finally getting to that part of the story where you could feel at ease, Ms. Frazier just had to rip and gut your heart out. Yes, it's one of those reads that plucked, pulled, and toyed with every range of emotions. You wanted to shout, cry, hate, love, and scream WHY KING WHY!! I must be a glutton for punishment because I LOVED EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of this emotional, dark, gritty, cruel and raw read.

#king1

If you are looking for a book hero that will open up doors and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, then I'm sorry to disappoint you because KING is none of that. But if you are looking for a hero who acts on his emotions, a total bad ass alpha male hero, a ruthless killer, and who doesn't take shit from no one, then look no further than KING. King, is a ruthless criminal who recently just got of prison serving for a crime that changed his outlook and purpose in life. There are three things that matters to King... Max, Preppy, and Doe.

Doe is a homeless young girl who has no recollection of her past hence the name "Doe". When she finds herself at one King's house party, she didn't expect a circumstance of events would leave her in bed with a monster. King makes it known she belongs to him. His possession. His to take. Simply, his. But through time her perception of him changes. The man she sees as the devil and monster soon transforms into a man that she needs, wants and craves. A man who gives Doe a reason to be alive.

#King2

The relationship of Doe and King is not a kind of relationship that can be described as simple. It is one that is complicated but a tangible bond that can't be described by words alone. It's a bond that is deep, raw, heartfelt, palpable, and gritty. It is the kind of love that can destroy you but at the same time give you a meaning to fight and live for. So with no recollection of her past, Doe leans on King and submits to him fully. The walls that surrounds King's heart are crumbling because Doe is the only one who can make him FALL. She gives him hope. His light in the darkness. But what happens when the truth is finally revealed of Doe's identity, can she truly belong to him?

#KING3

In all honesty, this book is one of those reads that is on my list of favorite reads of 2015. A book of this magnitude really showcases how resilient, raw, captivating, spell-binding and bewitching Doe, King, Preppy and Bear are in this book. What I love about this story is how T.M. Frazier can grip us with her masterful storytelling. She makes you FEEL and EXPERIENCE every heartbreak, anger, lust, hatred, and sorrow of all her characters. When a book can leave you breathless and in awe, then you know you have read an amazing book. And that was what KING was for me. Ms. Frazier did a phenomenal job interweaving so many raw elements but at the same time gave us a story with so much depth, honesty, grit, and palpable emotions. She was able to elevate this story to another level where you saw that looks can be deceiving and not to judge a character by their appearance. I want to thank Ms. Frazier for introducing readers to a complicated and complex hero that has stole my heart. So if you are looking for a book where you are taken down a dark, raw journey that has possibility of a luminous and hopeful ending then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to read KING.

photo b373ddc87926837ffa753458fb29e1_zpsdn2eln3k.gif

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages: http://fourchicksflippingpages.weebly... T.M. Frazier

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King.

June 1, 2015 – Shelved
June 6, 2015 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
June 6, 2015 – Shelved as: need-the-next-book-stat
June 6, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Grahame (new) - added it

Grahame Looking forward to your review, Michelle! :)

Michelle Grahame wrote: "Looking forward to your review, Michelle! :)"

thank you Grahame... about to start and sit down to write my review... should be posted sometime today. =)

message 3: by Yomi M. (new)

Yomi M. Wonderful review Michelle :)

Michelle Yomi Milanesa wrote: "Wonderful review Michelle :)"

Thank you so much Yomi!!

Elizabeth Stunning! I love the images. I am so excited to read this one!

Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "Stunning! I love the images. I am so excited to read this one!"

Thank you so much Elizabeth!! I can't wait for this book to be released so you can meet KING!!

Christie's obsessed with books Beautiful review! You outdid yourself Michelle! I cannot wait to read this, is it June 15th already?! LOL

Michelle Christie wrote: "Beautiful review! You outdid yourself Michelle! I cannot wait to read this, is it June 15th already?! LOL"

Aww...thank you so much Christie xx. Right..I can't wait for it to be June 15th so everyone can meet King and Preppy!!! I'm tempted to do a re-read!! haha

Carissa Amazing review, Michelle.

Michelle Carissa wrote: "Amazing review, Michelle."

thank you Carissa!

Tiffany Riley I think t
ur review was amazing this was an epic read!

Michelle Tiffany wrote: "I think t
ur review was amazing this was an epic read!"

Aww thank you so much Tiffany!! ❤️