Karen's Reviews > Samantha's Boxed Set

Samantha's Boxed Set by Valerie Tripp

1196243
Nov 07, 2010

bookshelves: historical-fiction

For some reason when I was growing up, I was not much of a reader, until I discovered these books. The whole series (and the other America Girl's collection) was always a constant page turner for me. The vivid writing transports you into a time of history, however, I connected to a lot of the same problems, relationships, and ways of lives that these girls were experiencing. It was nice to discover that Something I was experiencing as a child was actually happening to other girls back, even from a long time ago. Samantha, is a girl growing up in a very proper Victorian home, but her fun spirit and adventures, always put a smile to my face.
The stories tell of real life situations that were occurred in that time period (1904)and are teachable moments, such as racism and child labor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Samantha's Boxed Set.

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I have not read the American Girl series but the way you describe the Samantha book makes me want to pick it up and read it. I don't remember being aquainted with them when I was young and I have boys at home now so they weren't books I bought. It is always nice to read a book that you can relate to even if it was at a different time period or when you were a child.