Scarlet's Reviews > White Mountain

White Mountain by Sophie E. Tallis

Jun 01, 2015

Read 2 times. Last read June 1, 2015 to June 3, 2015.

Follow three friends; Marval, a wise old wizard, Gralen one of the last dragons alive and Wendya a young witch as they travel across the world from one magical kingdom to another meeting new friends and gaining alliances against a dark force called Morreck.
Marval is alone the first time he encounters Morreck and barely gets away with his life. He needs to recover and then takes Gralen to check on their friend Wendya. She is fine but insists on coming along to help her friend and the man she thinks of as a father to her, Marval. He must regain his powers before the sixth new moon or he will fade away and die. Along their way through magical kingdoms they encounter many different beasts most who are not friendly and they endure ferocious attacks but pull together and somehow make it to safety relatively unharmed. They also meet many old friends and make amazing new ones. At the end they all come together to fight one huge battle where many lives are lost, both good and evil.
I loved this story, the characters are so believable I began to identify with them and I felt their losses and happiness at their successes. I enjoyed exploring the magical places with them and meeting the different races and beasts both good and bad. It was written so well that I could imagine what the places and people looked like easily. I got pulled into the book and felt as though I was walking or flying the same paths as the characters. My favorite parts were the pictures dotted throughout the book that the author drew herself, they are amazing and really give the reader a view of what the author imagines the places and characters to look like. I would recommend this book to all who love magical worlds, where there is evil beyond any imagination and to those who love adventure and friendship.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Mountain.

June 1, 2015 – Started Reading
June 1, 2015 – Shelved
Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 3, 2015 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
June 10, 2015 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)