Inderpreet Uppal's Reviews > Siren's Call

Siren's Call by Debbie Herbert

This paranormal novel #SirensCall has everything for a book lover like me with a dash of extra thrown in! Not only was the story very solid but the characters of Sam and Opal too were so well etched even though they were not the main lead in the book! Lily and Sam had good help and support from all corners to make a perfect love story. The supernatural element was so well scripted in the story line that I want to read the stories of the other two sisters as well. The story line is a typical romance but the nocturne line of novels always delights and this book is no different. The language is so expressive and the elements of the spirit world shared with such faith and humility making me want to know more, learn more.

Lily and Nash are so similar to each other in their passions and nature; they are perfect for each other even though they themselves are not so sure. Both of them are trying in their own way to maintain a distance while the other wants to be together. Lily is surprised Nash does not want her and Nash is surprised why he is so pulled towards Lily.

The romance is strong as is the chemistry; the paranormal adds an edge to the love story. I found it hard to put down the book as the story progressed at a steady pace and had so many surprise elements. The connection to the previous two books was also well explained, making me interested to know more about Bayou La Siryna and its residents.

The parallel story of Opal, her life and how unfair it can be sometimes made me so sympathetic towards her but in the end her actions pretty much sealed her faith. The author Debbie Herbert has ensured no loose ends and the Siren’s Call is just like its name; irresistible.

A fast paced read, perfect for the weekend and totally bang on if you are a big paranormal fan. This book reminded me that I need to read more such awesome, spirited books.

(I received a copy of the book from NjKinny Tours & Promotions; the views are my own as a part of the Review Tour)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siren's Call.

Started Reading