Kathleen's Reviews > Rock Star's Girl

Rock Star's Girl by J.F. Kristin

Rock Star's Girl is an entertaining tale that follows twenty-six year old fashion website owner and freelance writer Emily Watts as she gets caught up in a love triangle with two hot rock stars.

Emily has been friends with struggling musician Jesse Cinder for four years, somewhere along the way she has developed feelings for Jesse, but he wants to only be friends. While attending Jesse's band Ashes of Brooklyn's show at a local club, Emily meets Cory Sampson, the lead singer for the up-and-coming rock band Blistering Twilight. Emily's life turns upside when a Hollywood entertainment / celebrity gossip website starts posting articles about Emily and Cory activities. Emily suddenly becomes a tabloid sensation and her fashion website's popularity explodes, and she finds herself having feeling for both guys, but are Jesse and Cory's feelings for Emily true, or is their attraction to her for purely personal gains? So what's a girl to do when she is faced with unexpected media notoriety and two rock stars vying for her attention?

Rock Star's Girl is an enjoyable chick lit tale set in Los Angeles that has enough drama, romance, and trials and tribulations, that easily keeps the reader turning the pages to see what would happen next to Emily and her rock star love interests. I really enjoyed the pop culture references to the LA music scene, and the celebrity gossip and fashion internet industry. What I enjoyed the most was the witty dialogue, Emily's snarky sarcasm kept me in stitches, while the drama surrounding her relationships with Jesse and Cory took me on a roller coaster ride. I have to admit that I developed a love/hate sentiment towards both guys, but I was definitely team Emily as she learned to handle the pressures of the unexpected media frenzy and notoriety, and strived to pick up the pieces of her life. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I really liked how Emily's best friend Shelby had her back, that's what true best friends are all about!

Rock Star's Girl is a lighthearted and amusing chick lit tale that would make the perfect summer beach read!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Star's Girl.

May 31, 2015 – Started Reading