Serena Akeroyd's Reviews > Cravings

Cravings by Lynn Crandall

May 31, 2015

Four Stars

I love a great paranormal read, and this was a really good insight to a new--well, to me--breed of shifters as the book revolved around lynxes.
I also enjoyed this new concept of 'colony' and instead of shifting, they 'shimmered.' On top of that, it was a new take to have the shifters develop another supernatural trait. Asher, the hero, could nudge people into doing something they didn't particularly want to do, and the heroine, Kennedy, could understand how something worked within seconds--like a turbo-charged eidetic memory.
There were some quirky bits and pieces that stopped it from being just an average read, and they were fun, too! :)
This book is the second in the series, and I'll admit, at the start, I was kind of lost. I don't think the backstory was very well explained. All of a sudden, a deluge of info was just poured into the narrative, and for someone who had read the first book, it would probably have triggered their memory of what went down. But for me, it made it a little hard to carry on reading.
That being said, I really enjoyed the book. These new concepts tied to a hero and heroine that felt real, it was a good read for a lazy day. :) Asher and Kennedy were both flawed, and had issues with their backgrounds. It was interesting to see how these two flawed creatures came to heal parts of the other's nature.
Highly recommended!

“I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cravings.

05/31/2015 marked as: read