Ben Campopiano's Reviews > Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time

Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi

it was ok
bookshelves: non-fiction, self-help

Disciplined dreamers all have one thing in common: a mission. The mission is often risky, unconventional, and most likely tough as hell to achieve. But it is possible. The kind of discipline that turns a dream into a mission, and a mission into a reality, really just comes down to a process of setting goals.

Throughout his career, Bill Clinton’s political aspirations and his ability to reach out to others have gone hand in hand. He made it a nightly habit to record, on index cards, the names and vital information of every person whom he’d met that day. After writing down the information about someone he just met, Clinton said, “I’m going into politics and plan to run for governor of Arkansas, and I’m keeping track of everyone I meet.

Don’t wait until you’re out of a job, or on your own, to begin reaching out to others. You’ve got to create a community of colleagues and friends before you need it. Others around you are far more likely to help you if they already know and like you.

Every time I make a call or introduce myself to people I don’t know, the fear that they might reject me is there. Then I remember the Big Wheel my father got me, and push ahead anyway.

It’s not necessarily strong contacts, like family and close friends, that prove the most powerful; to the contrary, often the most important people in our network are those who are acquaintances.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Eat Alone.

Started Reading