writer...'s Reviews > Hutterite Diaries: Wisdom from My Prairie Community

Hutterite Diaries by Linda Maendel

I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting the author of Hutterite Diaries, blogger and Linda Maendel, at the local book launch just weeks ago. Her selected reading was filled with humour and personality that had the audience captivated. A wonderful introduction to what we would find within the pages of her diaries.

Unique insights into the life of community as practiced by the Hutterites - a plain folk of anabaptist faith. Ms Maendel, writes personably of rhythms and routines of farming life on the Canadian prairies. Stories of her family's losses, adventures to other countries, historical background of the origins of the Hutterian journey to freedom of faith, language, values and perspectives that enlighten and clarify differences and similarities between Amish and Mennonite sects.
A fascinating read that enriches as it informs and enlarges our understanding of the lives of others in our world, both local and afar.

Appreciation to Linda for allowing us to share your world with both humorous anecdotes and grief of your losses. We are all richer for your telling...

*Appreciation to Herald Press for a copy to read and review without cost or compensation.

Christmas Spirit Readathon 2015 - 2 related stories re-read and enjoyed November 29.15
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hutterite Diaries.

May 29, 2015 – Shelved