Darya Conmigo's Reviews > Midnight's Children

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie

Nov 04, 2010

bookshelves: india, i-think-it-s-funny, contemporary, 2010, the-library-treasures
Read 2 times. Last read November 4, 2010 to December 6, 2010.

Was it totally, utterly, ridiculously unreadable at times? Did it take me forever to finish? But also, I must ask this, did I enjoy it? Answers: it was. It did. I did.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist poking a little fun at the narrator/protagonist. Which doesn't make the last statement any less true. I like my books just like this, with a little twist. And I like it when the author finds an elegant way of including the process of writing the book - and reading it! now, that's an advanced level - into the plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight's Children.

Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
November 4, 2010 – Started Reading
November 4, 2010 – Shelved
November 11, 2010 –
0.0% "Yay! After reading it from the screen for a few days, I've got a paper copy in English! And it has a beautiful cover, too. Can't wait for the weekend to read it."
November 15, 2010 –
0.0% "Alod. That's how Salman Rushdie should be read. Also, is it just me or is there really a lot of Toni Morrison in this book?"
November 15, 2010 –
0.0% "I'm reading Midnight's Children: Aloud. That's how Salman Rushdie should be read. Also, is it just me or is there really a lot of Toni Morrison in this book?"
November 15, 2010 – Shelved as: india
December 6, 2010 – Shelved as: i-think-it-s-funny
December 6, 2010 – Shelved as: contemporary
December 6, 2010 – Finished Reading
November 11, 2012 – Shelved as: 2010
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: the-library-treasures
February 11, 2014 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
February 11, 2014 – Shelved as: booker (Other Paperback Edition)