Faye's Reviews > Beautiful on the Mountain: An Inspiring True Story

Beautiful on the Mountain by Jeannie Light

Jeannie Light is a recently divorced woman during the 1970's who is called to serve the people of Graves Mill, and none sees her as more of an unlikely choice than she herself.

Jeannie makes new friends, and adjusts to life in the mountains getting to know and care for the people as their way of live changes around them. She gives what comfort she can in times of suffering, and stands her ground when the time arises.

Jeannie tells her stories with fondness, recalling days gone past, and the faces that made the mountains her home, as she brings the community together through gentle encouragement and new opportunities. Jeannie learns as she goes, and her story is not without some tales of setting the community at odds.

Ultimately this is a heartwarming read about community and faith. I loved sharing in the humor and heartache along with Jeannie and her friends, Charlie, Jim, Pam, Tallis and so many more! A story well worth the read!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and testimonials in Advertising."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful on the Mountain.

May 28, 2015 – Started Reading