Penny's Reviews > The Core

The Core by Kate  Thomas

bookshelves: reviewed

Ellie has been an accountant for David Kelley for 2 years with no idea what the company really does. And, she is becoming attracted to him day by day. One day she sees him covered in blood in his office, with him seemingly unaware she sees him. Wanting to find out what is up with her boss, she and her twin Jacob follow him around. This, strangely enough, leads her to a business trip to LA the next day where he promises to give her answers, even if the answers are more than she can believe. What she finds out startles her and makes her realize there is a lot more to this world than she ever knew. How does he make his money? How did he know they were following him around? And, most of all, how can she believe she is going to help keep the world in balance?

I went into this book not really sure what to expect. Was he a vampire? A werewolf? I am always a little disappointed when the book tries to build up suspense when most of the plot is listed in the description. Please, publishers, give the author a chance! But, I wasn’t at all disappointed in the book. There were well-drawn characters, a satisfying plot, the romance between Ellie and David was sweet, and it was a fast read. There wasn’t any sex, so be warned, but don’t be disappointed as it was still a great romance without it. Sure there were things that drove me a little crazy but not too crazy. At times, I really wanted to slap Ellie for being a little dense. Maybe I would do the same things she did, but when you see those things over and over, you have to realize something’s going on. And the cliffhanger ending! I turned the page (or flicked the page) and it was the end! But well-played, Ms. Thomas, I’m about the get the other ones. Do yourself a favor and get this book!

Thanks to NetGalley and Good Tales Book Tours for the chance to read this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Core.

May 28, 2015 – Started Reading