Jen's Reviews > Descent

Descent by Tara A. Fuller

Check out my full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Descent is the third and latest release in the Kissed by Death series by Tara Fuller and fans of the series finally get their chance to learn more about Easton, the reaper of souls destine for Hell who has captured our imagination and attention from book one onward. He was there when Finn needed help with Emma in book one and when Anaya needed help with Cash in book two, and while the guy may have been one of Hell's reapers, he certainly had a good heart, especially when it came to those he cared about. Learning his back story helped to shine a light on why he was a reaper for Hell but that his actions while still alive were motivated by painful and traumatizing events. I liked that he was paired up with someone like Gwen, a totally new character, someone who was so different from him but was able to see the goodness that still lay beneath the black clothing and darkness lingering around him whenever he delivers a soul to Hell.

This book lives up to the expectations and standards set by its predecessors, Inbetween and Blurred, but has an original love story, with an angel and a reaper for Hell falling for each other. It's also a good story about redemption and how we sometimes do certain things in the name of justice or revenge for those we love. While Easton and Gwen may seem like the poster children for what they supposedly represent, i.e. Hell and Heaven, they are multi-layered, proving that a bad boy doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't capable of being good and that a good girl may want to experience what's considered bad in order to have a better informed understanding of the world around her. An added bonus was Easton's two touching moments with Finn, his best friend and former fellow reaper. I'm not sure if Descent is the final book in the series, because I am curious about Scout, but if it is, it certainly ended on a high note! Five stars! ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent.

Started Reading