Mary Marrin-Cross's Reviews > Diamond Run

Diamond Run by Michael  Croucher

May 27, 2015

I loved this wonderfully written story of passion and crime, murder and intrigue. My eyes danced , raced across the pages to discover the next move in the game that is played by Marco and his pawns, with Phil and Ernie and the crew of blue fast on his trail.

From the onset we are taken on a ride by mysterious and "nasty" Marco- His greed and sense of mastery of crime let us know early in, this aloof character will not be an easy catch. The world turns upside-down across borders as we become entangled in a weave of criptik characters from New York, Florida, Toronto to Hamilton, Stoney Creek. As a Hamiltonian, how delightful to read about our beloved city, beautiful buildings , century homes and battles fought on lands about us.

A sense of duty quickly emerges from our lead cops and "Sue" , an unmitting relief for Detectative Mahon. Within minutes we are caught up in the reality of the enimit danger and restless spirits of those who have a story to tell. Our Phil and Ernie are the tried and true bluebloods, as the body count rises, the clever pair cover every angle, follow every lead on the heels of our sinister Marco. As Marco leads us on the journey, Phil and Ernie are shoring up the details -all the while mindfully aware of the procedures they must/may follow-orchestrated, a by the book manner in which they operated with a beautiful twist for bending the rules when required.
I loved Croucher's unfolding of Sue, a welcome innocent for Dectative Mahon, with the story blending Sue's friends , Charles and Gloria into a realm of danger-Diamonds indeed!.. Spirits arrive in the nick of time! I laughed , grimsped and cried with the love of characters both in this world and the next.

A sense of duty from the cop on the beat, to Marco the "Cleaner" grip us as the mystery unfolds. I am lost in a world where time and space are upside-down and am compelled to hang on tight , I cannot let go of the ride.

Loved this book!

Mary Marrin-Cross
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diamond Run.

Started Reading