Mindy's Reviews > I Shall Wear Midnight

I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

Nov 03, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, ya
Read from November 03 to December 04, 2010

I know it took me forever to read this book. But I swear it was because I was trying to draw it out. Keep it going, not read too much or else I'd be thrust from Miss Aching's world like a sad sack of potatoes.

I'm not the world's biggest Terry Pratchett fan. No, no. No hate mail just yet, please. I completely recognize his talent with all his other books. They just haven't really been for me. (see no need to maim or hate, I said he's talented) But the Wee Free Men series is AMAZING. When I saw this book on the shelves I squealed and made a complete spectacle of myself.

In any event, I feel like this is probably the last Tiffany Aching book we'll see. By the end Tiffany is all that we know she could be and will be. As always, I loved reading the Feegles and was thrilled to see some familiar characters like Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax.

Tiffany is a heroine that all young girls should read. She's strong, sensible and above all else, never a damsel. Not to mention it is, at times, laugh out loud funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Shall Wear Midnight.