Stacee's Reviews > Blood and Salt

Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett

bookshelves: edelweiss, title-in-the-story, read-in-2015

As soon as I read the tag line, I was sold. Thankfully this book delivered.

Loved Ashlyn and Rhys. They're great siblings and it was fun seeing their banter while they navigated such an odd environment. Dane and Beth were great secondary characters. And the collective group of townspeople not getting completely fleshed out was an extremely effective way to complete the feeling of isolation. You know, in case the corn wasn't doing it for you.

Insanely creepy and filled with delicious twists and swoons, this book had me captivated from the very first chapter. My only complaint was the ending. I would have liked something a little more concrete.

**Huge thanks to Putnam and Edelweiss for providing the arc in exchange for an honest review**

Extra special thanks to the Penguin booth at SDCC for giving me a physical arc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Salt.

May 26, 2015 – Shelved
May 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 26, 2015 – Shelved as: edelweiss
August 5, 2015 – Started Reading
page 79
23.17% ""I didn't even like changing clothes for gym. Being bathed by a creepy cult was not on my favorite-things-to-do list." <---- cackles"
page 151
44.28% ""It looks like a Norman Rockwell painting down there." "Oh totally. Other than the fact it's a creepy cult who worship our five-hundred-year-old ancestor who's supposedly hell-bent on wearing Mom's body like a skin suit, it's *exactly* like a Norman Rockwell painting." <--- Rhys is awesome."
page 217
63.64% "Oh shit."
page 243
August 5, 2015 – Shelved as: title-in-the-story
page 278
81.52% "I did not see that coming."
page 316
92.67% "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING."
August 5, 2015 – Shelved as: read-in-2015