Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review's Reviews > One More Shot

One More Shot by Victoria Denault

bookshelves: to-review-for-netgalley, arcs, blogged

I fell in love with this story very early on.

Jordan and Jessie have a long history as friends growing up together and then as more than friends for one fantastic, amazing night until a terrible misunderstanding, or mistake depending on how you look at it, ruins everything they shared that one special night. Jessie runs away from it all and Jordan runs into the arms of every available and willing woman, never speaking to each other again, until the death of Jessie's aunt brings them both back to their hometown and to face their demons.

It's clear that Jordan still cares for Jessie and doesn't completely understand why she left him in that night so long ago. Jessie on the other hand has had to sit by and watch him blow through women like she moves through kleenex. It starts to get frustrating to see that they both obviously still care for each other and haven't been able to move on but refuse to talk about what led to the separation in the first place. Then when they finally do, it becomes clear that Jessie might not be able to get past Jordan's playboy ways and that Jordan can't be sure that he's willing to give his heart to her again without her stomping all over it again. It was the inadvertent grand gesture from Jordan after his game that really sealed the deal on this book for me. That impromptu pouring out of his heart that Jordan gave to Jessie in front of his teammates and friends was perfection!

It wasn't just the romance between Jessie and Jordan that I loved about this book though, it was also the way that their families remained super close and friendly to each other through the years, regardless of what Jordan and Jessie were putting each other through. There's quite a bit of teasing about Jessie's sister Rose and Jordan's pseudo-brother Luc and frankly I can't wait to read that one!!

I really enjoyed this book more than I expected to and would recommend it to anyone who loves a good semi-steamy, super sexy, second chance romance.

*I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One More Shot.

May 25, 2015 – Shelved