Garrett's Reviews > Towers of Midnight

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

Wow! So much happened in this book that I'm not sure I can keep it all straight or even make a coherent review. But, I can say that this book had humor, emotion (I got teary-eyed in the middle several times), and lots and lots of movement toward plot resolutions.

We got to see point of view from just about every character, including Aviendha. The only one that I wanted but didn't get was Loial. I hope he shows up in the last book.

While I didn't like Egwene or Elayne in this book as much, Rand was finally enjoyable. And Matt and Perrin were also pretty interesting.

I liked how their paths started crossing again and that some plotlines were getting resolved already.

Definitely a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Towers of Midnight.

November 2, 2010 – Shelved
November 3, 2010 – Started Reading
November 6, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Good to know that it's going to come together. I've read 9 books, but couldn't get into book 10 because I'd forgotten too much of what was going on. If reviews of the final book are as good, I may just have to start over and read the whole thing in one fell swoop.

Garrett Christine wrote: "Good to know that it's going to come together. I've read 9 books, but couldn't get into book 10 because I'd forgotten too much of what was going on. If reviews of the final book are as good, I may ..."

Yeah, I've forgotten much of what I've read in the series. Which is part of what made 8, 9, and 10 so hard to read. The Tor.com reread did help so I didn't have to go through every book again.

However, Brandon (and Robert Jordan) is doing a great job of reminding me of past events in this book. Especially about who did what and when.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Thanks for the link! That would be a lot easier than rereading the series. As much as I enjoyed them the first time, the idea of wading through them again is a bit daunting.