Shannon Thompson's Reviews > The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

bookshelves: favorite-series, great-ya

Right now, I’m basically reading all the books I’ve avoided over the past year. Why did I avoid The 5th Wave? I’ll never recall. This book is phenomenal. From start to finish, it’s witty, thrilling, and an overall mystery that forces you—I’m telling you. You won’t be able to put it down—to keep reading late into the night. Cassie’s sarcasm was a delight, especially when paired with the extreme violence everyone is put through, which brings me to my next point: If you can’t handle violence, this novel isn’t for you. But if you love aliens, takeovers, conspiracy theories, and survival (and even teddy bears), you’ll love this novel. I’m already running to the store to get The Infinite Sea right now . . . and, on a side note, this novel is currently being made into a movie, set for release in January of 2016. Chloe Grace Moretz is playing the main character—Cassie—which excites me even more, because I fell in love with her when she was in Kick Ass and further when she was in If I Stay. I’m excited for both the sequel and the movie. This science-fiction series deserves both.
~SAT
Favorite Quote: “I don't care what the stars say about how small we are. One, even the smallest, weakest, most insignificant one, matters.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 5th Wave.

Quotes Shannon Liked

Rick Yancey
“Cruelty isn't a personality trait. Cruelty is a habit.”
Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave

Rick Yancey
Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave

May 25, 2015 – Started Reading
May 25, 2015 – Shelved
May 25, 2015 –
page 222
48.58% "Can't . . . stop . . . reading . . ."
May 27, 2015 –