Julio Genao's Reviews > Sebastian

Sebastian by Sam Argent

Recommended to Julio by: MostlyDelores
Recommended for: fans of snappy comebacks and chewy fantasy plots

that time i spent all night cackling like a witch.

family, amirite?

so, last night i was all sad and angry over this motherfucker ex, all heartbroke and bitter—tossing and turning, the betrayed expression on my face i could fucking feel without having to look in a mirror bcuz emo dominican with mental health issues—with the pettish scrolling through an endless yet meticulously-curated ibook library of garbage, looking for something to put me to sleep—the sudden recollection that i'd tried to read this book three different times and was pissed-off by the choppy prologue all three times...

...followed by no less than four hours of hilarity and delight, culminating with, i sweardaggod, ten minutes straight of lawling my head off at the last paragraph.

some will say sleep deprivation played a role in my heedless enjoyment of this book, but i maintain simply that my body was not quite ready to have this much fun.

nits you may or may not wish to observe me picking: (view spoiler)

comedy gold, people.

gold.

breezy, snappy, bitchy, hurly-burly fantasy escandalo. i lived.

I SAID I LIVED, OK

i started this night like this:

description

...but finished it like this:

description

...which prompted me to stalk this debut author's twitter feed.

she's got, like, eleventy squintillion books in progress.

i suggest you read this one at once.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sebastian.

May 24, 2015 – Started Reading
May 24, 2015 – Shelved
May 24, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)

Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs What a Fant-a-bulous Review Jules

...I soooo luv that last gif, incredibly cute (yes the cats cute as well)!!

I'm glad you enjoyed sweetheart xoxo

Julio Genao thanks, lisa :-)

message 3: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Is this a new ex or still the old ex of continued emo?

Julio Genao they're all one long chain of failure

infinite parallel universes, and i feel abandoned and angry in all of them at once

w.e. next book plz

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Omgggggg that cat with the sombrero is PERFECTION

love thatchu loved this. :D <3

Julio Genao i'm still wiping away the tears of hilarity over the firecracker gif

can't stop laughing

message 7: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam julio wrote: "they're all one long chain of failure

w.e. next book plz"

Now I'm imagining your love life as a time-travel story in which agents from the future are intervening to make sure you're fucked over for mysterious, important reasons which may or may not someday be revealed.

message 8: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam (But sorry it has to hurt now.)

Julio Genao it's more like the same agent, across all space and time

a sort of boyfriendborg

Julio Genao Miriam wrote: "(But sorry it has to hurt now.)"

*hug*

message 11: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam julio wrote: "a sort of boyfriendborg"

Your mouth is saying "no" but your body is saying "resistance is futile"?

Julio Genao yes.

goddammit.

message 13: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa North That firecracker gif has my whole family in stitches. I fear for the future of my children. But I let them watch it anyway, because there was no way to prevent it when they heard the Viking and I howling with unrestrained glee.

Julio Genao i saved it speyshul for a review like this. been sitting on it for months :-P

message 15: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Vanessa wrote: "That firecracker gif has my whole family in stitches. I fear for the future of my children. But I let them watch it anyway, because there was no way to prevent it when they heard the Viking and I h..."

Just make it clear that their future ends abruptly the moment they try replicating that prank on you.

message 16: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa North Miriam wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "That firecracker gif has my whole family in stitches. I fear for the future of my children. But I let them watch it anyway, because there was no way to prevent it when they heard th..."

*howls*

Julio Genao *still chortling*

Ije the Devourer of Books Great review and such fab gifs. :).

Julio Genao thanks, ije!

message 20: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa North julio wrote: "*still chortling*

...it's just, he's leaning against the shower door to keep that dude trapped in there"

because brothers.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ ^^^^^^^^ totally.

message 22: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Ferrara The gifs were great!!! LOL I laughed so hard.

message 23: by Vivian (new)

Vivian julio wrote: "i'm still wiping away the tears of hilarity over the firecracker gif

can't stop laughing"

If my brother did that, it would be fucking WAR! Seems like a dumbass thing he would have done. One advantage to being in the Caribbean was getting your hands on that sort of shit was near impossible.

message 24: by Vivian (new)

Vivian PS. Nice review :)

message 25: by Vivian (new)

Vivian julio wrote: "*still chortling*

Laugh it up. Because at some point you're gonna wake up with something duct taped to your nuts with those stunts--just sayin'

Julio Genao Jonathan wrote: "The gifs were great!!! LOL I laughed so hard."

heh. thanks, man :-)

Julio Genao Vivian wrote: "PS. Nice review :)"

I would never blow you up in the shower, vivi.

message 28: by Vivian (new)

Vivian julio wrote: "Vivian wrote: "PS. Nice review :)"

I would never blow you up in the shower, vivi."

Smart guy.

message 29: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Yeah, only dicks deserve to be blown in the shower, amiright?

Julio Genao MIRIAM.

message 31: by Vivian (new)

Vivian *cackles*

message 32: by Lynne (last edited May 25, 2015 12:00PM) (new)

Lynne King Julio, You are indeed different and that's for sure!

Julio Genao i choose to take that as a compliment :-P

message 34: by Lynne (new)

Lynne King Yes you're right there!

message 35: by mark (new)

mark monday I am obsessed with that cat gif. great review!

Julio Genao *simper*

gifs make me happy, and so do your reviews. thanks, mark!

message 37: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE  Great review.

Julio Genao thanks ❤

message 39: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE  julio wrote: "thanks ❤"

I might have bought it after reading this.

Julio Genao *fistbump*

message 41: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE  julio wrote: "*fistbump*"

*gropey hug*

Julio Genao *sleepy nuzzle*

message 43: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE  *contented cuddle*

message 44: by jalayia (new)

jalayia did you read that book

Sofia Glad I saw your review of this, which made me read it and so made me laugh. Can I ask, during your stalking did you discover if any more is going to be written about this world/family ?

Julio Genao I'm not sure, and I couldn't bring myself to ask (she seemed to have like six different projects going on at once and didn't want to add any pressure) but it seems kinda likely?

Sofia I get that feeling as well but it might just be our wishful thinking :) (view spoiler)

Julio Genao heh. im sure.

Sofia What you're not?

Julio Genao satyrs are more my thing. especially the ones in the coyote books by vaughn demont

« previous 1