Michael's Reviews > Infected

Infected by Scott Sigler

Nov 01, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: books-i-have-reviewed

This book did nothing for me. If you're going to give me action, then give me action I can believe and not have to stop every other page and question what I'm reading. If you're going to give me violence and gore (and be warned, there is a lot of violence and gore here) then give me violence and gore I can believe and not something just for the sake of writing something violent.

The concept of alien spores growing in humans was easier for me to swallow than anything else in this story and when it got to the alien spores talking to the infecteds the whole thing got a little comical for me and I started seeing Perry and his spores as some type of sci-fi Three Stooges.

This book comes with a lot of hype and that's it has going for it as far as I was concerned. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infected.

04/29/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Aws (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aws Al-Najjar http://youtu.be/RuopJYLBvrI

Still think it's a comical thing?

Oh and pay attention to the last point where these fungus find their way to the most numerous species in the ecosystems ... remind me how many humans are on this planet? 'Too much' is what an ecosystem answer!