Michele's Reviews > Training Complex

Training Complex by Leta Blake

Matty has been one of my most favorite characters EVER, so I read Training Season again before starting Training Complex and I'm extremely grateful I did.
As much as I was looking forward to this sequel, I had a hard time experiencing the dark emotional turbulence surrounding Rob and Matty. That being said, this story was fantastic! I so appreciate that Leta Blake did not just give us a fluff piece, where they met back up in NYC several years later and everything was hunky-dory between them. She used her imagination to write a heartbreaking look at what could happen when you meet your soul-mate at the wrong time in your life, and how love doesn’t mean that you throw away your dreams and commitments, no matter how much you might want to. While the love between Rob and Matty was strong enough to survive the distance and years apart, once they found each other again, it didn’t keep outside elements from overshadowing that love to the point where it could have destroy everything good between them. The light BDSM we read about in book 1 nowhere near prepared us for the hardcore BDSM and Matty’s need for pain infliction in book 2. While I think this may have turned off some readers, Leta’s research and detailed descriptions placed the focus of each scene on the love Rob had for Matty and his desire to give him what he needed, despite that it hurt Rob tremendously. The cock cage part was so pitiful, but hilarious and completely different from any other similar play I’ve read in other books, that I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. The discussions Rob had with Sato about the difference between eating disorder and disordered eating and what often happens to men and women in their desire to be the best at their sport were also fascinating. Great job Leta! I highly recommend this series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Training Complex.

May 22, 2015 – Started Reading