Foxears's Reviews > Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

3193157
May 22, 2015

bookshelves: bookcrossing

Being a classic I did not think I would like the book. I have had a hard time with other books regarded as classics. That the book was written in the early 20th century also had me a bit worried, but I asked a few people who assured me that Anne of Green Gables was an easy read so I decided to give it a chance. I started reading the book during the 24 Hour Readathon in April, but did not finish it then. I've had not had much time for reading since and its only now, after my exams that I have had time to finish it.

I found Anne of Green Gables a really good book. While reading it I found it very catching, and I did not want to put it down. By the end of the book I from time to time found it a bit repetitive, especially with the amount of talking Anne does all the time. It did not always feel that all she talked about contributed to the story. But I will say that the way the story was told, both from the third person view and by Anne's storytelling to Marilla (and others) made the book interesting and alternating in a good way.

(view spoiler)

I don't think I will read the other books about Anne, unless someone truly recommends them. I think it was a beautiful story and I'm happy I read this, but I am not too curious about Anne's future, or maybe I'm just like Anne herself - I want to imagine it up myself. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables.

April 26, 2015 – Started Reading