Megan's Reviews > These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, Arizona Territories

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

Oct 31, 2010

bookshelves: book-club-pick, historical-fiction
Recommended to Megan by: Jen Ashby
Recommended for: girlfriends

"These is My Words" is the best book I have read in a long time. It tells the story of a young woman named Sarah Prine who lives in the Arizona Territories during the turn of the century. Sarah faces her challenges and trials with a unique blend of practicality, determination, courage and humor. I loved her fiery spirit and sassy mouth, and I especially loved reading about her courtship and romance with army Captain Jack Elliot. I could easily see many of my female ancestors in Sarah, and I also enjoyed the pacing and background of the story. I thought it was absolutely perfect from beginning to end.

I loved this book. LOVED it! I think that Sarah Prine is one of the all-time great fictional females (along with such characters as Elizabeth Bennet, Josephine March, and Scarlett O'Hara). I had a lot of fun reading this story, and sharing in Sarah's sorrows and triumphs. A definite recommend for all of my girlfriends!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.

October 31, 2010 – Started Reading