Daniel's Reviews > The Bone Sword

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended to Daniel by: Rhemalda

I want to be honest:
The book was not that bad, but related to some others it can not keep up.

I was always able to feel myself into all of the characters and the story had some really nice ideas. The story of Malik, the protagonist, and its time at the Camden Guard is brilliant, but its that kind of story I would have liked to read all the time. Why are the interesting fighting scenes always that short? The main fight... *poff... over without any highlights.
Why are there so many dumb clichés?
Why is the story always that predictable and nearly without any surprise, or better: important surprise. Almost the whole time I was foretelling to myself what is about to happen in upcoming the storyline.
What was happening at the final fight? I just now something about a glow and *boom everything is meant to be over... I don't get it.
Why are there no real tragic scenes by letting one of the beloved characters die for example?
There are so many unused opportunities in this book and last but not least this leads to 2 start for me. But two stars are not so bad, its intermediate and easy to read.

Rhemalda was so kind to provide this book to me via a Giveaway:

For this I want to say: Thank you very much! I am looking forward to read the next book of Walter Rhein and hoping for more interesting ideas. This time with more of the good stuff. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bone Sword.

October 31, 2010 – Shelved