Neet's Reviews > Talked to Death

Talked to Death by Meg Perry

F 50x66

In the 9th book in the Jamie Brodie mysteries we find our intrepid librarian is out of town with his BFF and co-worker Liz to attend a conference which they will presenting a lecture on the role that librarian's play in homicide investigations.Jon ( Liz's boyfriend and a homicide detective) will also be part of the investigation and he and Pete will drive there and meet with the two.Jamie is excited to get away and spend time with Pete because with work and the upcoming holidays ( this story takes place in November) and spending time together is a rarity.The lecture is a success and goes on without a hitch.On the way to see Jamie's father's.girlfriend lecture,a piercing scream halts everyone.A man is found with a knife protruding in him.The man was seen by Jamie, Pete and the gang arguing with various people.Pete and Jon help until the proper authorities arrives.Jamie is none to happy when Pete is asked to sit in with interviews with the investigators.I love Jamie, but his treatment of Pete because the weekend doesn't go as planned is immature and cruel.Despite the fact that there has been a murder,Jamie seems to think Pete ( who was a cop for 10 years and a psychiatrist) should not participate in anyway in the investigation but hang out with him.I won't say more, other than I was truly disappointed in Jamie's behavior.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talked to Death.

May 21, 2015 – Shelved