Chibineko's Reviews > The Manolo Matrix

The Manolo Matrix by Julie Kenner

liked it

Before I say anything else, let me say that I loved this book as much as I did the first one. It's incredibly intertaining, but unfortunately it just wasn't as good as the first one.

Following in the footsteps of the first book, 'Manolo Matrix' follows Jennifer (the roommate from the first book) as she is sucked into the game as the protector of hottie FBI agent Devlin Brady. In hot pursuit is a homicidal assasin known simply as "Birdie". Where the clues to the online game turned real PSW were math related in the first book, this book's clues are mainly broadway related. With the plotline moving at a fast & furious pace, there's very few boring points.

My biggest complaint was that I just couldn't get into the character of Jennifer. She just seemed a little one-dimensional & shallow for my taste. (Her attitudes towards the fashion challenged left a little to be desired at times.) I couldn't help but feel like her character was the snotty girl in the drama club, but all grown up. Still, the plotline moves so quickly that there's not very much time attributed to character growth, which seems to help more than hurt as far as Jennifer goes. Devlin Brady was also a little one-dimensional, but not nearly as bad. Their romance, however, was very well written.

Would I recommend this to a friend? I would. Despite it's shortcomings (shallow characters, plot is exactly like the 1st book), it's still a fun beach read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Manolo Matrix.

Started Reading