Dali's Reviews > The Allure of Julian Lefray

The Allure of Julian Lefray by R.S. Grey

2209138

bookshelves: arc-read, contemporary-romance, published-2015, standalone

FREEBIE!! Today 04/16/2018 https://amzn.to/2EQsLHZ

This sweet and sexy book made me laugh, smile and blush. It hooked me from the start and kept me engaged, turning page after page without wanting to put it down.

Josephine “Jo” Keller’s home town is too small for her dream of making a name for herself in the fashion industry. With her goal set and not caring that she’s almost drowning in debt, she leaves her disapproving parents behind along with her very supportive and quirky BFF Lily. She moves to the big apple in hopes that she’ll find a job that will get her one step closer to her objective. And then she locks eyes with the alluring Julian LeFray whose job offer is both a blessing and a curse. Will his allure derail all her efforts?
“You need a job and he’s looking for a new assistant. Nothing more, nothing less. Ignore the tall, dark, and handsome vibe. Book boyfriends exist for a reason.”

Julian LeFray knows about business and investment, but close to nothing about fashion. Nevertheless, his younger sister Lorena, who co-owns LL Designs with him, needs his help. While temporarily in NYC and determined to build back his sister’s business, he’s put out an ad for a personal assistant. He never expected a fresh faced, social media savvy, southern girl to be not just the right fit for the job, but also the perfect girl for him. Can he keep himself form shattering the employer/employee line?
“Josephine had a freshness about her that her readers seemed to appreciate… She had hardly half the work experience of some of the other applicants, but I found myself already imagining her in the position. She and I could work well together. She’d make me laugh. Wasn’t that important? And sure, maybe I was also craving another glimpse of those lips.”

I genuinely enjoy R.S. Grey’s book productions. From the cover reveals, to the blurb and teasers, to the actual story, I know I’ll have a great time with it, and Julian and Jo’s story was a wonderful, laugh out loud, sweet escape.
“He didn’t even know the effect those dimples had on my girly parts. One word: Ijustgotpregnant. Yeah, that’s one word.”

Jo is the kind of character you’d like to be friends with. She’s not only determined, she’s sweetly adorable, with a great sense of humor, smart and easy to relate with. I loved how she didn’t give up her dream even when it seemed that everything was conspiring against her. It was great how she pushed herself into getting a second job that let her be at the right place at the right time.
"At times I felt as if New York City was trying to kill me."

Julian is not your typical alpha male character. He’s not sullen, surly or domineering. He’s a charming gentleman with the right amount of assertive authority and dirty mind to make him drool worthy in the most endearing way.

Though there were times when I wished they’d just get on with it, I understood Julian’s struggle with the tiny detail that Jo is his employee. I also respected Jo’s priorities and her resolve to stick with them besides the fact that she stood to lose her job, her only friend in the city (Julian) and end up broke if things went south between her and Julian.
"The continuous tease of having to be around him the last few weeks had built up the desire in my veins. Each day the passion had built with no outlet for escape."

Julian and Jo are adorable together. We get copious amounts of their great friendship, back and forth flirty interactions. Even though they try to ignore their attraction, setting lines that constantly blur or get run over by their sexy spark, easy banter and playful kinship, it’s hard to fight a pull that runs deeper than mere physical desire.

I also have to mention the great supporting characters that rounded out this great story. Starting with Jo’s wacky neighbors, Julian’s incorrigible friend Dean and Jo’s best friend Lily. The very one with whom she exchanges goofy emails and texts with showcasing their awesome friendship.
Josephine: Lil, I was just watching the sunrise over the Hudson and it reminded me of how beautiful you are.

Lily: Enough with your false flattery Slutilda. If you keep texting me, I will straight up kill you. LET ME SLEEP.

The Allure of Julian LeFray is the perfect summer romantic-comedy read. It’s fun, lighthearted, sweet and sexy. Told from both points of view. Even though I could’ve read it in one sitting with its great pace, it’s a full-length standalone with a happy ending I wish could have had an extended epilogue.

Amazon US -> http://amzn.to/2jJz3jD

R.S. has not announced it, but on her Pinterest Board she comment "Lucas Garcez as Dean Harper" under this hunky man!! So I guess we're getting his story too, yay! Can't wait!

* I was graciously given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. *

More reviews * Stalk us on FaceBook * As well as Twitter * Pinterest Board for Book Teasers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Allure of Julian Lefray.

Quotes Dali Liked

R.S. Grey
“You’ll never get anywhere by staying in your comfort zone!!”
R.S. Grey, The Allure of Julian Lefray

May 19, 2015 – Shelved
May 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 24, 2015 – Started Reading
June 24, 2015 –
8.0% ""
June 25, 2015 –
83.0% "Agrrr.... how am I supposed to work if I can't put my book down?\n \n "
June 25, 2015 –
84.0% ""
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-read
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: published-2015
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: standalone
June 25, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Great review Dali!!

Dali Thank you so much Laura!!

Lakshmi C Wonderful review, Dali :)

Dali Lakshmi wrote: "Wonderful review, Dali :)"