Kristin Dutt's Reviews > A Vacation From Hell

A Vacation From Hell by Kathy Dinisi

F 50x66

liked it

1st let me say this book could be fantastic if polished up and a good formatter/editor was used. I really wanted to love this book. It had great promise but the characters were boring me quite literally and the story line was so simple you could easily see how it would end within the first few pages. The best character in the book was the radio guy I wish more of him was in it. This story really does have potential to be great but more time needed to be put in it. I've read so many zombie genre themed books nothing in this book made it special.

Then let's talk about the formatting.....One problem is the chapter boxes were misplaced throughout the book and then at about 77% it went into block mode where what was written was in a square block and just plain horrible when I tint the pages to make reading easier on my eyes. These are simple formatting mistakes but quite frustrating to a reader.

Maybe I would've loved this book more if the characters had more "life" to them and the story line was more involved. I truly hate giving any book a 3 star rating but feel this novella was just slapped together.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Vacation From Hell.

Started Reading