Grace's Reviews > Marry Screw Kill

Marry Screw Kill by Liv Morris

I had no idea what to expect going into this book since the synopsis doesn't give much away. You have three main characters: James, Sin, and Harlow. You have a play on the game: Marry Fuck Kill. And you have no cheating. When you mix that altogether, you get a unique story about obsession, grief and finding true love.

James and Harlow meet under odd circumstances, when tragedy has struck her family and she is the most vulnerable. To say he takes advantage of the situation would be an understatement. While we are given the story of how Harlow gives into him physically, I wasn't sure why she agreed to marry him. Is he her savior or her captor? I was leaning towards the latter with controlling tactics and didn't trust him one bit. His connection to Harlow is a lot more than love or lust.

Harlow seems like a puppet who allows James to control her every move, and I feared she would be a weak heroine. However, she begins to grow a backbone, when Sinclair (Sin), James' nephew, comes to stay with them. He is a wakeup call for her.

Sin represents his name well, previously living the life a manwhore. When tragedy strikes in his life, he grounds himself and finds a purpose. That purpose leading him to Minnesota for a stint at The Clinic (this book's version of the famous Mayo Clinic), where his Uncle works. The minute Sin and Harlow meets, there is a whole lot of instalust. Given their situation with James, one being his fiancé, one being his Uncle, they don't act on their feelings for each other. But an obvious connection forms, which causes problems for the possessive James.

I liked how the author built the push and pull between Sin and Harlow. As promised, there is no cheating, but the chemistry between them is so intense, I almost wished for it. Oddly enough, James is the one who provides the heat in the story, which Sin provides the sweet.

The ending was a bit predictable, but how we get there is anything but predictable. Eventually Harlow, with the help from Sin, finds a way for a new life direction. I loved her bravery and how the two cleverly made sure she was safe for the future.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read that was sweeter than I expected. If you are looking for a love triangle without the cheating, this read might just what you're looking for.

*An ARC was received for an honest review.

For more reviews, visit
description
description description description description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marry Screw Kill.

May 19, 2015 – Shelved
May 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 21, 2016 – Started Reading
April 21, 2016 –
25.0% "this type of love is more of an obsession. It explains his heavy-handed control, but it doesn’t justify how he treats Harlow. His version of love has made her his captive."
April 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv Morris Thanks for reading Marry Screw Kill. I appreciate your support.

xo, Liv