Deborah's Reviews > To Tempt a SEAL

To Tempt a SEAL by Sara Jane Stone

bookshelves: jd-read, amazon-done

Lucia Lewis is finally going to just let go and live. She heads to Las Vegas to attend a masquerade ball and find a man that will fulfill her bucket list of fantasies. She just wants a weekend of unbridled lust and leave with no attachments. Her only rule? Her mask stays on at all times. It hides her face of scars which she feels has made people judge her by what they see rather than who she is.

Cade Daniels, Navy SEAL and best friend of Lucia's sister, Natalie, is sent to watch over her. Knowing Lucia's plan, she didn't want her to get in over her head so Cade agreed to go. Once at the ball, Cade notices this beauty looking at some art. After striking up conversation, he's totally taken with her. Their banter is witty and their attraction is mounting. When Lucia drops a post it note of her fantasies, he's determined to help her cross them off her list! Later he finds out she's Natalie's sister. How can he possibly follow through with his promise to Natalie to keep her safe and keep his hands off Lucia. She's nothing like what Natalie told him.

Cade and Lucia start to tackle the list of fantasies, he knows he's now in an impossible situation. He's too taken with her. But when her mask slips and he sees her face, he knows she will never believe that what he has said is the truth. She will think he was forced to say those things because of her sister Natalie. And then he will lose his best friend. All he knows is he can't say no to Lucia and he'll deal with the consequences later.

I loved this story. You can see where it is going, but it was such an enticing read. It was quick and fast paced. I loved the Cade and Lucia together and felt everything Cade said to Lucia was true. Never once did I think he was just saying those things because he had to. The backstories that we learn of both are believable and we understand the insecurities that both have. Their chemistry was sizzling and the scenes were smoking hot! All in all this book had everything I look for in a romance. I think you may too!

Sara Jane Stone is a new author for me and I was extremely happy to read this book by her. Since this is book one in the Sin City SEALS series, I am looking forward to getting my hands on the next one!

4.5 stars/4 flames

This book was provided to me by The Jeep Diva for the express purpose of an honest review. The opinions and rating in this review are solely mine and in no way was I compensated.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Tempt a SEAL.

May 18, 2015 – Shelved