Anissa's Reviews > The Red Book of Primrose House

The Red Book of Primrose House by Marty Wingate

liked it
bookshelves: 2015, series, north-americans-abroad, cozy-mystery
Recommended for: cozy mystery fans

A good installment to this cozy mystery series. I still like Pru even if her seeming inability to have a plan for when things go pear shaped due to her nosiness, irritates me. I liked the growth of her relationship with Christopher & also the revelations she found on her continues quest for her English roots. I'm not sure why she displays not only no interest in her American father's line but seems almost apologetic over it but still, it was nice to see her explore her mother's family ties in her chosen heartland. The characters were fairly well done except for the actual murderer. That was pretty thin but alas it doesn't matter since they're our baddie. I thought Pru's employers, Davina & her husband (he was so absent a character that I didn't commit his name to memory) were interesting and understood how Pru's was both frustrated with them but also found them ultimately endearing. I very much enjoy this series though I'm not Pru's peer (I don't know why but I always picture Pru & Christopher as younger than they are in the books) or know a thing about gardening. I look forward to the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Book of Primrose House.

May 18, 2015 – Started Reading