Tara's Reviews > Hunt the Moon

Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance

Oct 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: witches-wizards-mages, vampires, read-in-2011, time-travel

I should start by clarifying that I am not a die hard Karen Chance fan. Also of her two series, I prefer the Dorina series. If it weren't for John Pritkin, I might have stopped reading The Cassie Palmer books all together.

This book starts with a bang, literally. Within the first 100 pages there are two huge action sequences that go on for quite a while and I still wasn't really sure what the plot of this book was. I find myself after a while just glazing over paragraphs, because while I love action movies, reading action sequences gets tedious, especially when they go on for so long. That being said, I prefer the Pritkin action scenes over Mircea's. Pritkin is clealy always fighting to save Cassie's life, it's part of his sexiness. Mircea will also fight for Cassie, it's just that he seems like he uses fights as foreplay. Once the story gets going there are a few good moments. We get a lot of back story in this book. Actually the three major players lay it all on the line essentially. This is awesome, but sort of weird as well.

In this book it seems like Cassie spends a lot of time dirty and naked in front of large groups of people. Often she is crawling or writhing. This just seemed weird to me. I like the softer side of Pritkin, but I missed his hard edges. I'm never going to like Mircea. I'm shocked at how little time has passed since the beginning of the series according to the storyline.

Overall I feel like waiting so long for the book (I believe the author was ready to release it much sooner), just didn't do it any favors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt the Moon.

October 27, 2010 – Shelved
January 30, 2011 – Shelved as: witches-wizards-mages
January 30, 2011 – Shelved as: vampires
August 6, 2011 – Started Reading
August 7, 2011 –
page 103
24.58% "I'm getting bored. There's a lot of action and not enough Pritkin story."
August 8, 2011 –
page 266
63.48% "Reading an action sequence is cool. Reading at least 4 very longs and not being halfway through the book is boring."
August 8, 2011 – Shelved as: read-in-2011
August 9, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 12, 2011 – Shelved as: time-travel

Natasa Completely agree with everything you said!