Prasoon's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: 2015

Like the series? Then you are gonna love the book.

I've seen all four seasons and I'll see no more until I read it first. I know the fifth season is going on. But I won't watch. I want to see the twists being unveiled as in the books, rather than in the tv show. Some twists are better read than watched. For eg, I think, I wouldn't be knowing who pushed Bran out of the window until much later, when Ned finds it out. (Bran has seen the face, but doesnt know who he is. So we can't know). In the tv show, they had to spoil it.

I would recommend the book to anyone who likes fantasy and is a little bit patient.

This book is written from the perspective of Tyrion Lannister, Eddard, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Catelyn Stark, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. Throughout the book I've been trying to find out my favourite character. I was confused between Tyrion and Arya. Who really moved me? That was the question lingering in my mind just before reading the final chapter. I realised, while completing the chapter, it was neither. It was Khaleesi. I knew the plot beforehand, but reading was something different. Goosebumps goosebumps. Just.. Go read the book..

But I was totally impatient as it just won't end. It is so long. But it had to be long. It had to be as descriptive as it is. And I am impatient. But I completed it. And I'll read "A Clash of Kings" soon. It is long too. I am still impatient. But I'll complete it too.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

May 16, 2015 – Shelved
June 2, 2015 –
page 614
June 2, 2015 –
page 632
75.69% "Tywin Lannister is just heroic. Don't know whether anyone else felt so much respect for him. May not be a good father, but definitely a great figure. Burned Men, Stone Crows, Shagga, Chella and Tyrion to the battlefield."
page 768
page 794
95.09% "I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men... We're your brothers now.."
page 814