Nick Klagge's Reviews > Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life

Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn

I kind of feel like I failed this book, which is why it took me so long to write a review of it, I guess. I think it's an excellent book. JKZ has a clear, non-mystical writing style, and makes a strong argument for why meditation is a valuable practice for almost anyone. He doesn't tie it to any particular spiritual tradition and doesn't present it as part of any larger package. He doesn't present it as "good for relaxing yourself" or "good for boosting your productivity" or anything like that; he makes a good case for why meditation has intrinsic value.

But I say I feel like I failed it, because I haven't taken up, or even tried to take up, any meditation practice since I read it. Perhaps it is fear or laziness, but the best light I would put it in is that I don't feel like there's something missing in my life the way it is. Still, I think it would be nice to try it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wherever You Go, There You Are.

May 16, 2015 – Started Reading