CeCe's Reviews > The Definition of Icing

The Definition of Icing by Aven Ellis

liked it
bookshelves: arc, hockey-player, more-by-this-author, read-in-2015, romance

3/3.5 Stars

This was a very nice and sweet romance. It was cute and contemporary.
I loved the beginning and how Kenley and Nate meet at a photo shoot. The photographer wants to use Kenley’s looks and sex her up and Kenley does not want any part of that and speaks her mind. Nate takes notice and is impressed. They start talking and Kenley asks Nate out. Nate shoots her down because he is not ready to date after something that happened to him back in Minnesota. The woman he loved cheated on him and it seems to linger in the back of his mind.
Kenley and Nate have another chance meeting and at this point Nate takes Kenley out on a date. Nate opens up how he is not ready to really get involved with someone so Kenley never pushes which leaves her second guessing their romance.

It was not a bad read. The book has its moments and then it felt like it was just going through the motions. I loved CONNECTIVITY (I am going to reread this little gem right now) and WAITING FOR PRINCE HARRY by Aven Ellis. They seemed to have that punch that made me feel happy, but at the same time the tension. I want to be teased and as well as tortured. Nate did not want to appear like he was pining, but his feelings obviously went deep for this other woman that cheated on him. The tension was supposed to be whether Nate would be able to move to a place where he could have a full and meaningful relationship with Henley and move past the woman who lied to him, but I do not want my hero to linger on how another woman cheated on him and how he has hold off on a relationship even though the woman in front of him is amazing. Don’t get me wrong…Nate was sweet, but I got frustrated with his trust issues.

A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Side note: As of the date of this post...THE DEFINITION OF ICING is on AMAZON UNLIMITED!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Definition of Icing.

May 16, 2015 – Started Reading