Jake's Reviews > Hero-Type

Hero-Type by Barry Lyga

Oct 27, 2010

** spoiler alert ** In my book, my main character’s name is Kross. Kross had a crush on the most popular girl in his school. He saved her life one day, and he became friends with her. One day he steals a photo of her and then returns it. She forgives him and he realizes that she is shallow. Her name is Leah.

Before that incident, and through out the whole book, Kross was insanely in love with Leah. The reason why Kross was there when Leah was in danger was because he stalked her all the time without her knowing it, and he saw what was happening before she was hurt. Now he’s realized that she doesn’t want to go out with him, and that she is very shallow (I do not fully know why he came to this conclusion), so he sort of shuns her and ignores her. He does not like her anymore.

I think that Kross dislikes Leah because, at the debate election, she voted for her boyfriend, even though she believed what Kross was saying. She voted for her boyfriend because he has better looks then Kross. Kross probably thought that was shallow of her and decided that he doesn’t like shallow people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero-Type.