Andrea M's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Oct 27, 2010

bookshelves: favourites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

Quotes Andrea Liked

J.R. Ward
“I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened.”

J.R. Ward
“The necklace was a good excuse," he murmured.

"For what?"

"I thought maybe I could go to Charleston and show up at your front door to give this back and maybe… you might let me in. Or something. I was worried that another male would court you, so I've been trying to go as fast as I could. I mean, I figured maybe if I could read, and if I took a little better care of myself, and if I tried to stop being such a mean-ass motherfucker…" He shook his head. "But don't misunderstand. It's not like I expected you to be happy to see me. I was just… you know, hoping… coffee. Tea. Chance to talk. Or some shit. Friends, maybe. Except if you had a male, he wouldn't allow that. So, yeah, that's why I've been hurrying."

His yellow eyes lifted to hers. He was wincing, as if he were afraid of what might be showing on her face.

"Friends?" she said.

"Yeah… I mean, I wouldn't disgrace you by asking for more than that. I know that you regret… Anyway, I just couldn't let you go without… Yeah, so… friends.”

J.R. Ward
“He knew he was being overbearing as hell, but he couldn't help it. He was a bonded male. With his pregnant female. There were few things on the planet more aggressive or dangerous. And those bastards were called hurricanes and tornadoes.”

J.R. Ward
“Too late Bella. Now, it's too late. Show me.”