Ashley Gooding's Reviews > Eleven on Top

Author: Janet Evanovich
Characters: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

Description: (Author Website) Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Time for a change, Stephanie thinks. Time to find the kind of job her mother can tell her friends about without making the sign of the cross.

So Stephanie Plum quits. Resigns. No looking back. No changing her mind.

She wants something safe and normal. As it turns out, jobs that are safe and normal for most people aren't necessarily safe and normal for Stephanie Plum. Trouble follows her, and the kind of trouble she had at the bail bonds office can't compare to the kind of trouble she finds herself facing now. Her past has come back to haunt her. She's stalked by a maniac returned from the grave for the sole purpose of putting her into a burial plot of her own. He's killed before, and he'll kill again if given the chance.

Caught between staying far away from the bounty hunter business and staying alive, Stephanie re-examines her life and the possibility that being a bounty hunter is the solution rather than the problem. After disturbingly brief careers at the button factory, Kan Klean Dry Cleaners, and Cluck-in-a-Bucket, Stephanie takes an office position in security, working for Ranger, the sexiest, baddest, bounty hunter and businessman in two continents. It might not be the job she'll keep for the rest of her life, but for now, it gives her the technical access she needs to find her stalker.

Tempers and temperatures rise as competition ratchets up between the two men in her life --her off-again, on-again boyfriend, tough Trenton cop, Joe Morelli, and her bad-ass boss, Ranger. Can Stephanie Plum take the heat? Can you?

From My Point of View: I've said it before, but this time, I'll mean it: This was the best book yet. Hands down. I spent the entire novel alternating between laughing hysterically and hyperventilating (thanks, Ranger)! I am so torn between Morelli and Ranger I can't put these books down until she makes up her mind. Evanovich has me on the edge of my seat, begging for more. I can't stand not knowing! Broadening the scope now, the entire novel was amazing. Punchlines were hilarious, the killer was, of course, not who you thought it would be, and the suspense was crazy. I was late to girl's night because I couldn't leave the house until I finished this novel -- it was that good.

Keep it up Evanovich! I'm hooked!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleven on Top.