Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > On the Prowl

On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs

Alpha Omega - 5 Stars

I loved this story. I've read two books in the Mercy Thompson series, and this all follows in the same world, but without Mercy. For a short story I think it managed to engage and connect with the characters, what they were going through, and set up a series I'll be sure to continue reading. Excellent prequel!

Inhuman - 3.5 Stars

I haven't read any books in the Lupi series, and this one is supposed to be in the middle. I did struggle to understand a few things, however I managed to enjoy this series quite a bit, and has me intrigued to read the actual series. However, I was a bit disappointed with the ending and that is why my rating went down to 3.5 stars. The characters in this story are likable, as you try to figure out the story. I like that Nathan is not your usual "race", I thought that was interesting.

Buying Trouble - 3.5 Stars

This is the second time I read something by Karen Chance, and it's again a short story. I do like her writing and keep saying I'll pick up one of her books. Maybe soon. There's a bit of everything in this story and I enjoyed it. There's quite a bit of action, families that go against their own, politics of the Fae. One thing that threw me off was when she changed into her "other" form for the first time and out of nowhere at a most inappropriate time! I had to go back and read that to make sure I understood what was happening. LOL I liked the world, I liked the characters.

Mona Lisa Betwining - No rating

I couldn't get past the first few pages in this story. I didn't like that her true love had just died and here she was running around a forest wanting to have sex with another, while she had someone else offering to have sex with her to give her children. Just couldn't finish the story. Maybe if I had read the books in this series it would all make more sense to me, and I'll eventually give them a try.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Prowl.

01/09/2011
20.0% "I'm enjoying Patricia Briggs story." 18 comments
01/09/2011
25.0% "Finished Alpha and Omega - Loved it! 5 Stars. Great short story and I'll be reading this series." 2 comments
01/10/2011
36.0% "Against my better judgement I'm reading Inhuman, and I love it so far! I feel the chemistry between Kai and Nathan and I was not expecting what he said he was!" 3 comments
01/10/2011
55.0% "Nathan is standing up to the queen for her... awwwww"
01/10/2011
56.0% "Finished Inhuman. I'm conflicted about a rating for this story, I didn't like the ending as much as I thought I would. I'll give it 3.5 Stars" 7 comments
01/11/2011
81.0% "Finished Buying Trouble. I actually liked this story. I've never read Karen Chance before, and I'll give this story 3.5 Stars. Hey, work was productive today after all! ;)" 2 comments

Kirsty~Vhixen oh i loved the Alpha and Omega story..then i read the next two books in that series. it was good luck i picked this up and read that first. the series starts after the short story..you should check them out.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I will, the only thing is I wish I had finished the Mercy Thompson series before I got started on this since it's in the same world. Hope you're feeling better!

Kirsty~Vhixen oh i am..thank you. i haven't read the MT series but i did love this...maybe i should check them out? i have a few other series i have to get through first though, lol...and all the good new books are out feb/mar time.. i think the next AnO comes out soon too.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I've only read the first 2 in MT, but they're pretty good, and they are in the same world, there are some characters from MT in what I've read so far in the prequel of AnO.