Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)'s Reviews > Falling for His Best Friend

Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert

bookshelves: 2015-reads

Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

Katee Robert’s Out of Uniform Series just keeps getting better and better. Falling for His Best Friend is truly a feel good read. I was smiling from the first page. This is a friends to lovers story like no other.

Avery Yeung and Drew Flannery have been best friends since first grade. We’re talking twenty years here. They’ve been there for each other through all the ups and downs of life. They know each other like no one else. Drew has stood by and supported Avery when her mother died, when her sister had surgery, and when she got devastating news herself. In Drew’s eyes, that’s what best friends do for each other. When Avery proclaims she’s going to have a baby and plans on using an unknown sperm donor, that’s where he draws the line. Drew has never truly wanted to have kids before, but he’s willing to in order to help Avery out. Drew just refuses to use a cup to bring his offspring into the world.

Falling For His Best Friend is full of humor, but it also packs some serious heat. Avery and Drew are amazing together as friends and they are equally amazing together as they work towards making a little Yeung-Flannery. But insecurities of the past and the disapproval of others are going to be obstacles they are going to have to overcome. Through it all, they think they can create a baby the old fashion way and then go back to best friends. They realize too late that falling for their best friend is the best thing either one of them could do.

I have my list of authors who I know are NEVER going to let me down, and Katee Robert is on that list. But this..this was above and beyond anything I ever imagined. Avery and Drew are definitely one of my favorite couples.

**Received a copy from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest unbiased opinion.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for His Best Friend.

Quotes Kim Reads Liked

Katee Robert
“Sweetheart, I’ve been there with you through all of it. I was the one who camped out with you in that old tree house for days on end and held you after your mom died. It was me who sat with you while we waited for your sister to come out of the surgery that cut out her cancer. I was the one holding your hand while we waited for those test results to come back, and I was the one who supplied the alcohol to get you drunk, and the shoulder to cry on while you processed it. I understand. You don’t have to do this alone.”

Katee Robert
“Is that a baton in your pocket, officer, or are you just happy to see me?”

Katee Robert
“Tonight isn’t for the baby. This is just you and me.”

May 11, 2015 – Started Reading