Lindsay's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Oct 26, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: never-finished, cover-lust

I honestly thought I would love this book more than I did. The plot was original, the characters were somewhat enjoyable, but other than that...I found myself bored and forcing myself through. To be honest, I've never really been into the whole historical genre but then again, I thought this book would be different.

I did think the cover was gorgeous. That was what really attracted me to this book in the first place, sad but true, the covers are always important to me. The plot was also based on the 12 dancing princesses which was a fairy tale I loved when I was little, although I loved the twist added to this.

Now, onto the not so good things about this book. I was not a fan of this writer's writing style. It just wasn't for me. It did not naturally snatch my attention and I really tried hard to get into this one. I read over 200 pages and found myself spacing out constantly. I love those writers who can just instantly draw me into their worlds but this book wasn't one of them. The characters were also...boring. They weren't annoying thank god - although I could have done without Bramble - but I couldn't connect with any of them. Long story short, I think other people will like this more than I did.

Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.

Quotes Lindsay Liked

Heather Dixon
“Mr. Bradford," she said. "I'm not going to propose to you."

The twinkle in Mr. Bradford's eyes faded. So did his smile. He managed to keep it on his face. It looked painful.

"Oh," he said.

"Mr. Bradford?"

"Yes?"

"Would you mind it so very much if...you know...you proposed to me?"

The light in Mr. Bradford's eyes jumped to life. He beamed so largely it almost wasn't crooked.

"If you want.”