Risa's Reviews > Descent

Descent by Tara A. Fuller

bookshelves: 2015-releases, arc-tbr, 2k15-reads, may, supernatural

Originally posted on Gaga Over Books.

I was lucky enough to get this early release review copy for the final book in the Kissed by Death series. So, I haven't really read the first two books. I always wanted to start on with it but never got round to it. I shouldn't have read this book but I read it anyway and I am glad I didn't suffer much from the not knowing what happened previously.

I am quite surprised by how much I liked this instalment. If I had read the earlier books I think I would have been crazy dying to read this final chapter. I really loved the descriptive scenes about the whole reaper business and soul deliveries and all those punishments. I also found it to be darker than I thought it would be. And I loved it for the harshness.

I loved the writing that is for sure. And also the characters. I got to like Easton and he is apparently a beloved bad boy from the previous books. And I think I will someday read the first two books cos I don't think I got that spoiled about the characters. Like I got the final chapter but I am quite fine cos I don't really know how it all led to this final chapter. *winks* So what I really wanted to say was I would like to know how Easton got this beloved. And so I will read the first two books.

Okay, so Gwen was quite sweet and whatnot but I guess Easton is my fav character from the duo. I loved the duo together but if I had to choose I would go for Easton.. xP This book was told in dual POV and I loved both of their narrations for sure. But Easton, my man. Haha.

And I loved that this was a relationship between a reaper and an angel. Tehehe.

I read this in a week cos I was sick or I would have read it in a day or two. As I was quite hooked and loved the pacing and [Gwen's transition into a human form (you will understand what I mean by this weird thingy after reading :p)] and what not.

So I definitely enjoyed this book and I am sure all the fans for the first two books will dig it more. Cos well, not having read the first two books I could have felt lost and what not and not really like it. And I will stop rambling now. You know what I am trying to say. ''/

You will definitely love it. I hope. *winks*

For the suspense, perfect world building, fantastic descriptions and top notch writing. Read this book. ;) As I think it can be read a stand alone cos of different protagonists each book obvi. :p

Teaser:
description

I would like to thank Entangled Publishing for this review opportunity.

Descent comes out June 2nd. Be sure to get your copies. ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent.

May 14, 2015 – Shelved
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-releases
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-tbr
May 16, 2015 – Started Reading
May 17, 2015 –
page 80
25.0% "Haha. About to get interesting..."
May 21, 2015 –