Pearl Angeli's Reviews > Be My Queen

Be My Queen by RayeAnn Carter

liked it
bookshelves: arcs-and-books-for-review, 2015-reads

(I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.)

It's my first time to read this kind of genre and I really appreciate how the author took the challenge to make everything in this book convincing.

Be My Queen is a transgender romantic story. It talks about Lavender who fell in love with Diego despite all the reluctance she felt while being with him. Lavender did not plan to fall for Diego because she didn't want Diego to know she's a trans. She's afraid of whatever reaction she can get from him. But of course, she was not able to dictate her heart and she ended up taking the risk.

This book is actually good, but I found the plot quite simple. I have nothing agains insta-love but the insta-love in this book did not get me. It was too instant, I guess. To the point that it's already unbelievable.

But I admire the concept and I like the way the story gives a refreshing feel. It's a light and easy read and the writing style of the author is not difficult to get into.

I rarely encounter books about transgender romances so this is really something new to me. I am an open-minded person and I support these stories, so keep it up, Miss RayeAnn Carter!

Rating: 3 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be My Queen.

May 13, 2015 – Started Reading
May 13, 2015 – Shelved
May 21, 2015 –
20.0% "This is something new to me. :)"
May 21, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Bernardo (new)

Bernardo Géo So awesome to have romance books about transgender people! I might give it a chance..

Pearl Angeli Bernardo wrote: "So awesome to have romance books about transgender people! I might give it a chance.."

Yes! This book is actually good. And it's a refreshing one. :) You should give this a try, Bernardo! :)

message 3: by Bernardo (new)

Bernardo Géo Pearl wrote: "Bernardo wrote: "So awesome to have romance books about transgender people! I might give it a chance.."

Heir Of Fire is sucking so much energy and feels from me, seems like this is the book I need! Short and refreshing! Flawless review, darlin'!

Aj the Ravenous Reader Simple but on point. Very well said, Pearl. Wonderful review! <3

message 5: by Kathe (new)

Kathe L great review, Pearl! I want to read this one :)

Pearl Angeli Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Simple but on point. Very well said, Pearl. Wonderful review! <3"

Thank you so much, sweet AJ. :)

Pearl Angeli Kathe wrote: "great review, Pearl! I want to read this one :)"

Thank you, Kathe. :)) Yes you probably should read this one. :)

Neil (or bleed) #AchievementUnlocked Great review, Pearl. :)

Pearl Angeli Neil(ed) it! wrote: "#AchievementUnlocked Great review, Pearl. :)"

Thanks, Neil. :) Um, what you mean? Hehehe!

message 10: by Neil (or bleed) (new)

Neil (or bleed) You've read now a genre like this. Therefore, you unlocked an achievement. lol

Pearl Angeli Neil(ed) it! wrote: "You've read now a genre like this. Therefore, you unlocked an achievement. lol"

LOL. Yeah it's a great achievement. Hooray! It's my first time to read transgender romance. :) hehe

message 12: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Great review Pearl :-)