Elaine Nelson's Reviews > The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic

The Best 30-minute Recipe by Cook's Illustrated Magazine

Oct 26, 2010

bookshelves: cookbook, own
Read in October, 2010

Picked up at the friends of the library book sale; I paid $2 extra for it because all I had was a 5, but it's worth every penny.

I'm not really "done" with it, since I've only made a handful of recipes, but those few have made it worth every penny: stir-fry, "roast" chicken, chicken teriyaki, two different variations of potatoes. They definitely finish up in about 30 minutes, a little longer the first time around -- or in the case of the stir-fry, if you don't have precut veggies -- but after the first time they get faster to make. The notes about timing of preparation help, too.

Looking forward to expanding out the breadth of recipes: most cookbooks I've owned, I've had just one or two recipes that I make, and ignore most of the rest. (Which is why I photocopied those recipes and gave a bunch of cookbooks to the library.) This one, I think I'll end up with quite a few regulars, which makes me very happy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best 30-minute Recipe.